New Applicants post here.
Avathegreat

Hpally LF 25 Man Heroic Raiding Guild

Post by Avathegreat » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:43 pm

plication Template:

Basic Information about you and your computer

1. Real First Name: Sierra

2. Age (17yrs min): 24

3. Where are you from (city, what time zone)?

Manhattan, Ks - Central

4. When did you start playing WoW?

When Wrath came out.

5. Do you have a system that can play WoW smoothly and does not hinder your playing capability for 25man content? (ie. decent fps, minimal lock-ups or other system-related issues), Please describe your computer hardware (video card, internet speed, etc) :

Video Card - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti
Internet Speed: Fast :)
FPS - Depends what I run my wow graphics at. I normally run around 50-60 FPS in "Good" graphics with Ultra particle density and view distance.
I dont normally have any computer related issues including internet connection.

6. Please provide an image of your ping test to Chicago, IL via http://www.pingtest.net, and post your result

7. Do you own an Blizzard authenticator? Yes

Raid History/Experience

1. What is the furthest you have progressed in the following during that time period:
* Classic: MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxx - N/A
* BC: Kara/SSC/MH/BT/Sunwell - N/A
* WoTLK: Naxx/Ulduar/ToC/ICC -

TOC/ICC I raided both in a Heroic 25 man Raiding guild. I cleared all bosses in heroic mode during the time they were relevant.

* Cata: 10/25M BoT/BWD/ToFW -

During Cata I messed around raiding my alts but my heroic 25 man raiding guild xfered server right before the start of cata and I just didnt feel like starting over. I ended up clearing all of heroic DS on my main near the end of the expansion.

* MoP: Mv, HoF

16/16 2/6 Heroic MSV

2. What previous guilds have you been in, and why did you leave them? Please include all relevant raiding guilds in your guild history

Resurgence - Horde - Nazgrel - I love this guild and everyone in it. We had a great run and i am still friends on real id with my old GM and some of the core raiders. They xfered off server to find a high pop server to rebuild. They invited me to join them but during that time I had to many chars and I didn't want to spend so much to move. They offered to pay for my xfer on my main but my husband was on our low pop server with me and I didn't want to leave him. I sat in what was left of resurgence until i recently moved to bleeding hollow.

By the time I moved my old core team wasn't really raiding anymore and have split off to many servers. Once I got to bleeding hollow I tried to build my own raid group. I'm a good raider but I lack the personality it takes to run a raid group. We didn't do well because I don't like replacing people in raids. Its hurts my feelings to hurt other peoples feelings so it would have never worked out with me in command. We reached 12/16 Normal mode and lost a few key players due to lack of progression. I know the fights in and out amd I research fights so i could easily explain them to people from any roles perspective but it was just to rough on me to find better people and replace the people who were holding us back.

Your social skills

1. Why are you choosing to apply to Weer specifically?

I was looking for pug groups for raid and someone from weer said i should apply here. That was about 2 months ago though so I dont remember who it was.

2. Do you have a Sponsor in WeeR? Make sure the sponsor will vouch for you.

Nope :)

3. What are your expectations from a raiding guild, and what do you think that a raiding guild should expect from you?

This question is quite easy for me as i've over analyzed it many times trying to build my own guild :) I expect to have fun. I love to raid and down bosses but above all have fun with people I enjoy raiding with. I think what a guild should expect from recruits is to study. Know the fights know your class because if your goal is to have fun raiding your goal should be to minimize wipes. I understand progression gets rough but after all that hard work you want something to show for it. To make that happen everyone has to try to be the best they can be while respecting your guildies to build a fin environment for everyone.

4. Do you have a working mic, and are you able to speak on vent during raids as needed? Yes :)

5. Our raid times are Monday-Thursday, 8PM - 12AM EST (server time). What is your availability to attend these raid times? Keep in mind that we do not recruit "back ups", and as a result all of our raiders are expected to have very high attendance percentages.

This is where im confused. I'm available 3 nights a week 4 hours a night (any nights and day). I like to keep in good standing with my husband haha! So fours nights is just to much for me but im always available. I saw your raid nights change to 3 nights on wowprogress im not sure if you guys are raiding 3 or 4 nights right now.

About your character

1. Name/Class/Main Spec

Avathegreat - Holy Pally

2. Armory Link. Be sure to log off in your raiding gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... eat/simple

3. Screen Shot of your UI (use imageshack.us).

4. Latest Meters, via worldoflogs.com

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/250034/

5. How Long have you been playing your class/spec?

Shes my first lvl 80 in wrath. So def afew years :) Id say 5-6.

6. What is your priority on stats weights. and please provide details?

Int - Spirit - Mastery - Haste. I try to fit as much spirit as I can into my gear. I chose to do this because I need that mana back! I tried out taking haste over mastery a little while back and it dropped my healing slightly due to loss of mana to quickly. I feel haste will be better then mastery soon but not yet. Once we can fit a bit more spirit in to make up for the mana loss with haste I feel haste is a better choice.

7. What is your max burst rotation?

Depends on the fight as a healer what CD I chose to lay into my normal healing.

Player Information
1. How often do you play outside of raids? To much :)

2. Is your real life situation such that it may ever interfere with raiding in a hardcore end-game guild? (ie. gf/bf aggro, night classes, expected to play parcheesi with the family on Thursday nights, etc).

No I keep the husband aggro turned off by out agreement of 3 nights a week fours hours a night.

3. Tell us about yourself. occupation, hobbies, etc - as much or as little as you would like to share.

I like to play wow and spend time with my husband and son :)

Analytical Skill - very important

Awesome I think its pretty important to be able to make quick decisions as a healer. Healers save raids. Pew Pew

WeeR supports out of the box thinkers. You are required to compare yourself to our existing member who is playing the same class and spec you are applying for. Can you point out any improvements in our main raiders specs/gear, if any, or is there anything you would do different and why?

I haven't really scouted your roster for other Hpallys but I do love Hpally conversations. I try to refine my chars as much as possible.

Whew this took forever to fill out! I should be doing dailys ugh. <3 Ava

Worcester

Re: Hpally LF 25 Man Heroic Raiding Guild

Post by Worcester » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Hey Ava,

First off we are now raiding 3 nights a week, Tues/Wed/Thurs, 8-12.
Also, I enjoyed reading your app, well thought out answers, some people just do the bare minimum, and I liked that you actually thought about them.
Lastly, the holy paladin you would be critiqing in reference to the last question is Maerea. Feel free to look at his armory/our logs, and hopefully he will respond here.

Thanks,
Worcester

Aski

Post by Aski » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Better than maerae.

Approved by Aski

Avathegreat

Post by Avathegreat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:33 am

I've went though Maerea gear and logs :)

I enjoy'ed eye'ing his gear haha!

The thing I love the most about MoP right now is a lot of skills are personal preference.

I noticed Maerea is using windsong on his weapon and I'm wondering if that was a financial decision?
Everything that I've read suggests Jade Spirit is the one to go with. I do know windsong was better in 5.0 but that they ramp'd Jade spirit's procs so it would be the better choice for 5.1.

I like your glyphs but I have chose to go with [Glyph of Flash of Light] over [Glyph of Protector of the Innocent] I can see where changing between the two on different boss fights would make sense and I think both are very viable. I use the flash of light glyph most of the time though because if I have to use flash of light it means im about to heal that target again. I feel its very useful in getting a tanks health up in an emergency situation. In a fight where id need to heal myself I normally wouldn't be using WoG a lot as it means high raid damage. I'd be using my light of dawn in fights where im worried about my own well being it normally means im worried about everyone well being haha! I think G of the protectior would be really useful on the spirit binder where the voo-doo mechanic is in play. It would be a nice soft CD if your voodoo'd.

On to skills!!!!

Holy Avenger Vs. Divine purpose - Round one.

I've noticed people using divine purpose have a higher chance of getting more over-all healing out of it. I'm not a fan of random proc's though. Imo Holy Avenger is the better choice because it gives you the healing power you need when you want it. I tried Divine purpose out because it seems like it was doing better on the meters but imo its the inferior skill due to its unpredictability.
I like to beable to use and time it to high raid damage. Really im in love with holy avenger <3 <3

Holy Prism Vs. Light's Hammer - Round one.

I like the ease of use that comes with holy prism. When the tank gets hit hard I can shoot a lazer at the bosses face that heals 5 targets near the boss. Whats not awesome about that? I like it because it's a fast instant aoe heal I can use easily while moving/(in most cases dodging something) I also like the 20 sec CD which means I get to use it pretty often. I can see where lights hammer would be useful but i feel its situational.

Edit: An after thought - I've been healing 10 man raids since the start of mop so my opinion may be based off of my current raid experience with this skill. Thinking about it light's hammer would be a lot more useful in a 25 man vs. a 10 man raid group. I'd def be willing to give it a try in a 25 man and see how I feel about it then.

Like I said earlier in my post :) I love how different skills can be better for other people's play style and we don't all have to use the same skills which makes for great diversity. This is merely a write up of why I have chose the skills that I've picked to fit my playstyle :)

<3 Ava
Last edited by Avathegreat on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dante

Post by Dante » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 am

#TEAMPALADIN

Avathegreat

Post by Avathegreat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:12 am

Dante wrote:#TEAMPALADIN
*fistbumps*

Aski

Post by Aski » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 am

he got asian letters in his sig so he must be asian

which means inc world first

also does this make you hungry?

Avathegreat

Post by Avathegreat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:39 am

I'm sad to report that I'm not asian :( My Fav ps2 game Katamari Damici is! I love that game with all my heart. I almost want to go play it just from looking at my sig.

Edit: I just got what you meant by "does this make you hungry" and no it makes me sad that you went there :( lmao

<3 Ava

Sappora

Post by Sappora » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Wow so wrong...

Artic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Artic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 am

I assume you are no longer interested?

Artic