Ghostlore - Mage / Raider Application

New Applicants post here.
Geijin

Re: Ghostlore - Mage / Raider Application

Post by Geijin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 am

performance in the spec is more important than the spec itself, if you do less dps as arcane than you do as fire, then you should stay fire, as demo i do terribad dps, so i stay with affliction not because affliction is better but because i am just better at affliction. likewise nervosa sticks with demo not because demo is better but because he enjoys demo more than affliction. and he is still competitive with me as demo even tho demo parses with less dps than affliction. just goes to show that less appreciated specs can still be competitive.

Ghostlore

Post by Ghostlore » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Okay, and most fights I out dps the other two mages that are Arcane. I personally think I excel better in Fire, but willing to do whatever the raid asks of.

Geijin

Post by Geijin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Seems pretty well suited for a tryout in my opinion but I only dps like a boss I'm not The boss lol

Artic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Artic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:59 pm

as long as you are able to keep a 95% attendance, dont stay on funny color stuff on the ground, and match our mages, or out dps them.. make the transfer :P

Artic

Blizzeta

Post by Blizzeta » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Looking at the logs, and attempting to compare the same fights given the gear levels and all that, dps looks on par. The burst rotation and normal rotation are pretty much the same for fire as he mentions. IMO, the scorch thing is debatable, as opposed to taking PoM. Personal preference I guess. Stat weights are good. Gems and rteforging look good also.

I liked the notes he made about my spec as well. Was a goofy pvp thing I was trying. I will say though, that things he said in relation to PvE are pretty much spot on.

Generally, arcane will grant higher numbers, but having the cleave damage is a good thing and arcane lacks that for the most part.

Ghostlore

Post by Ghostlore » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 pm

I'll have the extra money for the transfer and faction change this weekend. I plan on completing it on Saturday. Once I get on the server, I will look for an officer for an invite. Thanks! =)

Artic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Artic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:12 am

cool.. look forward to having you on the team.

Artic

Artic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Artic » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm

are you transfering?

Artic

Ghostlore

Post by Ghostlore » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Unfortunately I found out I am going to have to pass on the invite for the time being. Some unexpected bills came up, and I won't have the extra $55 for a faction change and server transfer for awhile. When things get better that I will be able to throw the money at the game, I will reapply to see what your current recruitment needs are. Thank you for the original offer, and you will hear from me again!