Ghostlore - Mage / Raider Application

New Applicants post here.
Ghostlore

Ghostlore - Mage / Raider Application

Post by Ghostlore » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Basic Information about you and your computer

1. Real First Name: Jeremy
2. Age (17yrs min): 29
3. Where are you from (city, what time zone)? Roanoke, VA (EST)
4. When did you start playing WoW? I started playing the 2nd week TBC came out. My college roommate had played since Beta, and got me into the game. I have pretty much played non-stop since I started playing. Of course, there has been times where I took a couple weeks off here or there…or been more casual from raiding. I don’t think I have every let my subscription lapse from not playing though.
5. Do you have a system that can play WoW smoothly and does not hinder your playing capability for 25man content? (ie. decent fps, minimal lock-ups or other system-related issues), Please describe your computer hardware (video card, internet speed, etc) : Yes, I have a home build computer that was done about 2 ½ years ago. Since then I have upgraded my video card to a GTX 560 Ti, 8GB of memory, and a SSD that my OS and WOW is installed on. I run dual monitors and Windows 7 64-bit. My visual settings are set on a custom mix between high and ultra, but keep FPS capped at 60. I live in a brand new townhome, and when we moved in and had internet setup…they ran the thicker cable directly from the street box into our house. I am hardwired into the router as well. I love my internet, and never had any DC problems. My lag is not there, and the two or three times that I have had this internet was fixed my resetting the router. Attached is a SpeedTest log as well: Image
6. Please provide an image of your ping test to Chicago, IL via http://www.pingtest.net, and post your result Image
7. Do you own an Blizzard authenticator? Yes, I have the mobile authenticator on my phone.

Raid History/Experience

1. What is the furthest you have progressed in the following during that time period:
* Classic: MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxx – No Experience while current/
* BC: Kara/SSC/MH/BT/Sunwell – Full clear of all content while current (had both vials before removing attunement). Finished the expansion at 4/6 Sunwell
* WoTLK: Naxx/Ulduar/ToC/ICC – Full clear of all heroic content while current up to 11/12 Heroic ICC
* Cata: 10/25M BoT/BWD/ToFW – Full clear of all heroic content while current (Heroic Rag was 3 week of DS). Heroic Madness at 20% nerf
* MoP: Mv, HoF: 1/6 Heroic MSV, 4/6 HoF, 3/4 ToES.
2. What previous guilds have you been in, and why did you leave them? Please include all relevant raiding guilds in your guild history: My first real raiding guild in TBC was <The Twelfth Man> on Whisperwind, which has sent died and no longer active 25-man raiding. I raided with them almost all of TBC, until joining a RL friend’s guild called <After Life>. They have since disbanded and formed other guilds, but I was with After Life for the rest of TBC till the end of Wrath…so by far the longest I was with a guild. I finally left Whisperwind, and joined <Inner Focus> on Elune and raided with them for the rest of Wrath, and the first Tier of Cata, when my RL that I was with in After Life had an opening in the new guild he was in so I went and joined him in <Sleepless Knights> of Bronzebeard. I raided with SK up till the start of DS when they stopped actively raiding and server transferred to a more active server as Bronzebeard is a dying playing. This is also when my RL stopped playing the game, and I was in search for a new place to call home. I left Bronzebeard, and joined <Apotheosis> of Eldre’Thalas and finished Cata with them, and after the expansion was done I went casual from raiding to catch up on some RL issues. Once raiding started in MoP, I raided casually with them, but their schedule didn’t really fit with my commitments and wasn’t able to have the attendance that they required. So this brought me back to Bronzebeard, where my alts were still. I joined <Serenity Knights> where I had some in-game friends from my time in Sleepless, and was casually raiding with them. This is where I currently am at, and looking to get more into the progression oriented raiding scenes. Serenity Knights is a great guild, with great people…but they are very casual oriented also raiding only 4 hours a week (W/R for 2 hours each). Additionally, I have been Alliance for my entire wow career, and looking to give the game a new fresh spin being Horde.

Your social skills

1. Why are you choosing to apply to Weer specifically? First off I looked at the server of Bleeding Hollow and saw that it was a high pop PvP server, which good mix of Alliance and Horde…but slightly horde favored. Then I looked for a guild that ended at midnight or earlier that didn’t raid Sun or Mon’s, and found WeeR. The guild seems like to be a great match for me.
2. Do you have a Sponsor in WeeR? If not, How did you find us? MMO-C Recruitment Thread.
3. What are your expectations from a raiding guild, and what do you think that a raiding guild should expect from you? I expect a raiding guild to give me as much as I put into it. WeeR should expect a reliable mage that is always working to improve himself, and give 110% from the first pull of the night to the last. Additionally, I am expected to be sociable with members and a proactive guild member rather than logging in just to raid. In return, I expect the guild to be proactive as a whole and a lot going on outside of raid times, and during raids to provide the same caliber of performance from all members.
4. Do you have a working mic, and are you able to speak on vent during raids as needed? Yes, I am not the most talkative at first until I warm up to the guild. However, I do have a working mic headset that can talk when needed.
5. Our raid times are Tue, Wed, and Thur, 8PM - 12AM EST (server time). What is your availability to attend these raid times? Keep in mind that we do not recruit "back ups", and as a result all of our raiders are expected to have very high attendance percentages. Yes, I have no conflicts with the raid schedule. I do know that I will have to leave early on Tuesdays (10pm EST), until March 5th. After March 5th, I will have no schedule restrictions.

About your character

1. Name/Class/Main Spec: Ghostlore / Mage / Fire (Zomg I’m not Arcane)
2. Armory Link. Be sure to log off in your raiding gear. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... e/advanced
3. Screen Shot of your UI (use imageshack.us). Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
4. Latest Meters, via worldoflogs.com
Guild (Wed/Thurs are 25 mans) = http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/20597/
LFR HoF I ran a few weeks ago = http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a5p6ehiv8t7gt299/
5. How Long have you been playing your class/spec? I have been playing this mage every since I started. Ghost is my 1st ever toon, and my main.
6. What is your priority on stats weights. and please provide details? INT > HIT > CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY. This is how I weight my stats, and use Reforge Lite with those presets put in for my reforging. I get a lot of my Mage resources from ElitistJerks.
7. What is your max burst rotation? As fire, my max burst is not much different than normal rotation. I start all fights with a pre-pot and open Pyroblast. From there I use Living Bomb, and spam Fireball repeatedly. I use Fire Blast on Heating up to get my instant Pyro, and will use Alter Time while I have a free pyro to get the extra. When it lines up at the start of the fight, I will combust after having 4-5 pyro’s on the boss. I have a WeakAura set up for my Invocation to track the timer. I will usually Evocate right as the invocation falls off, so I don’t lose any of the buff with evocating. I keep Living Bomb up as much as I can, and that is the one skill I always try to improve on is keeping LB up as much as possible.

Player Information

1. How often do you play outside of raids? It varies from day to day, but I am online for at least a couple hours every since day.
2. Is your real life situation such that it may ever interfere with raiding in a hardcore end-game guild? (ie. gf/bf aggro, night classes, expected to play parcheesi with the family on Thursday nights, etc). While I have given up Parcheesi with the wife on Thursday nights, I do live a semi-busy life outside of WoW. I am currently married, and we are expecting our first child in the end of June. Which I know will take me away from raiding for a few weeks. I am also a full time grad student taking all online courses, and I am able to work on homework whenever I want. This is why I can’t raid Sun/Mon, as I usually make all Sunday and Monday evening as my homework days. I also work a full time Mon-Fri 8-5 job that doesn’t have any impact on my playing.
3. Tell us about yourself, occupation, hobbies, etc - as much or as little as you would like to share. Well I mentioned a little in the previous question, but I am 29 years old and going to be 30 in June. My wife and I have been married for almost 2 years. We are originally from Indiana, but my job relocated me to Virginia in January 2012. I work for Advance Auto Parts in their corporate office doing market strategy and new store analysis. Currently I have a B.S. in Geography with focus on Geographic Information Sciences, and Meteorology. I am working on my Masters in Geography, and graduating in Dec of this year. We are expecting our first child, a girl, at the end of June…with the due date set as 2 days after my B-day...so maybe a nice birthday present. I am really big into music, and work with local area bands teaching percussion (I have been playing drums for 22 years)…as well as teach private lessons and compose.

WeeR supports out of the box thinkers. You are required to compare yourself to our existing member who is playing the same class and spec you are applying for. Can you point out any improvements in our main raiders specs/gear, if any, or is there anything you would do different and why?
Blizzeta is the only mage on the list, so will be who I will compare myself to. However, currently in PvP spec and pvp gear…so I am unable to compare PvE. However, based on his/her’s PvE fire spec, we have a slightly different build. In Tier 1, I have scorch compared to PoM, but this is a talent that is changed on a fight to fight basis for me atleast. On high movement fights, I will use Scorch, but PoM on more stationary fight. We both share the same Tier 2 talent with Ice Barrier, and agree this is usually the best talent with damage absorption helping out the healers. Our Tier 3 talents are different, but come down to personal preference. I use the Ring of Frost to help with add control, and my current guild uses it for CC on Lei Shi. I personally think Cauterize is the better Tier 4 talent in almost every case as it gives you a “oh shit” in large damage abilities, or silly mage shenanigans. We both have Living Bomb, which works well for most fights. I switch this out to Nether Tempest for single target boss fights, as it comes in slightly higher dps. Finally, we both use Invocation which is pretty much the given for Fire Mages. Then our major glyphs are the same, so not much input on there.
Last edited by Ghostlore on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sappora

Re: Ghostlore - Mage / Raider Application

Post by Sappora » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 pm

This is a huge app did it all not fit in one post?

Ghostlore

Post by Ghostlore » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Not forsure why it cut off when I copied and pasted it from Word...Might have been to long.

Updated with last question, speedtest, pingtest, and ScreenShot

Geijin

Post by Geijin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Another elvui user......../autodeny lol just kidding

pathology
Weer
Weer

Post by pathology » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Geijin wrote:Another elvui user......../autodeny lol just kidding

die

Ghostlore

Post by Ghostlore » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 am

lol...I use to use AsphyxiaUI for the longest time, but needed a change.

Artic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Artic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 am

We also have another mage in guild

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... n/advanced

waiting for blizz and Caperon to comment on this application.

Artic

Ghostlore

Post by Ghostlore » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 am

Artic wrote:We also have another mage in guild

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... n/advanced

waiting for blizz and Caperon to comment on this application.

Artic
Thanks for the update. Caperon wasn't on the Rank 3/4 list, so that is why I didn't mention him.

Artic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Artic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 am

to help you guys a bit..

I put together 3 logs to compare.

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5123967274254ef939000229

Why havent you gone Arcane?

Jimmy

Ghostlore

Post by Ghostlore » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 am

I am not arcane right now, because I am in a casual raiding guild that doesn't really care about min/max. And since I find Fire more enjoyable than Arcane it is why I am that spec. Now in a more progression oriented guild, I would adapt my spec accordingly. Additionally, I don't have as much play time as Arcane so I perform better as Fire than Arcane. However, since I am in no massive hurry for this to go through...I will raid this week as Arcane, and then submit logs from Wed/Thur showing Arcane if you would like.