New Applicants post here.
Nasharia

Nasharia Warlock Application

Post by Nasharia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am

1. Real First Name: Ben

2. Age (17yrs min): 21

3. Where are you from (city, what time zone)? Oskaloosa, CST

4. When did you start playing WoW? 2010

5. Do you have a system that can play WoW smoothly and does not hinder your playing capability for 25man content? (ie. decent fps, minimal lock-ups or other system-related issues), Please describe your computer hardware (video card, internet speed, etc) :

Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6850

6. Please provide an image of your ping test to Chicago, IL via http://www.pingtest.net, and post your result

7. Do you own an Blizzard authenticator?

Yes

Raid History/Experience

1. What is the furthest you have progressed in the following during that time period:

Classic: MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxx - n/a
BC: Kara/SSC/MH/BT/Sunwell - n/a
WoTLK: Naxx/Ulduar/ToC/ICC - n/a
Cata: 10/25M BoT/BWD/ToFW - 12/12 t11 6/7H t12 6/8H t13
MoP: Mv, HoF- 16/16 3/16H

2. What previous guilds have you been in, and why did you leave them? Please include all relevant raiding guilds in your guild history.

I was in the guild Dissonance on Earthen Ring, but towards the end of last year I stopped playing WoW for a few months came back and wanted something different.

Once I came back I joined Shattered Soldier and raided all of Dragon Soul.

I left Shattered Soldier at the beginning of the new year and joined No Breaks, that guild stopped raiding two weeks after I joined so I left.

Your social skills

1. Why are you choosing to apply to Weer specifically?

I want to join a 25 man heroic raiding guild that is stable. Also your raid times fit my schedule well.

2. Do you have a Sponsor in WeeR? If not, How did you find us?

Saw guild information in trade chat

3. What are your expectations from a raiding guild, and what do you think that a raiding guild should expect from you?

A fun environment that progresses at a decent pace. Dedication and will to put in the effort to help the raid in anyway possible

4. Do you have a working mic, and are you able to speak on vent during raids as needed?

Yes

5. Our raid times are Tue, Wed, and Thur, 8PM - 12AM EST (server time). What is your availability to attend these raid times? Keep in mind that we do not recruit "back ups", and as a result all of our raiders are expected to have very high attendance percentages.

Normally I will not have any issues, but at times I would have to miss due to college events

About your character

1. Name/Class/Main Spec

Nasharia/Warlock/Affliction

2. Armory Link. Be sure to log off in your raiding gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... a/advanced

3. Screen Shot of your UI (use imageshack.us).

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2085 ... 195638.jpg

4. Latest Meters, via worldoflogs.com

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dp8e ... amageDone/

I don’t have any recent logs, I can get some if need since I have gotten a number of upgrades since then.

5. How Long have you been playing your class/spec?

I have been playing my lock for most of MoP, around 4 months

6. What is your priority on stats weights. and please provide details?

Int- Hit to cap- Haste to 4717- Mastery. Reaching the haste breakpoint is a minor dps increase and really easy to achieve. Mastery is the most important stat after intellect as it increases dot damage.

7. What is your max burst rotation?

There isn't a burst rotation for affliction warlocks, but here is how would go about doing my rotation. Pre pot, then use dark soul misery and apply all my dots with soul burn into soul swap then apply haunt. After that I would reapply my dots when I get int procs from trinkets and enchants.

Player Information

1. How often do you play outside of raids?

I play a few hours everyday

2. Is your real life situation such that it may ever interfere with raiding in a hardcore end-game guild? (ie. gf/bf aggro, night classes, expected to play parcheesi with the family on Thursday nights, etc).

I am in college so there will be things that may come up, but I would warn in advance if things were to arise.

3. Tell us about yourself. occupation, hobbies, etc - as much or as little as you would like to share.

I am currently a Senior at William Penn University, a small school in my hometown. Majoring in Digital Broadcasting currently I have one semester left and should be graduating in the spring.

Analytical Skill - very important

WeeR supports out of the box thinkers. You are required to compare yourself to our existing member who is playing the same class and spec you are applying for. Can you point out any improvements in our main raiders specs/gear, if any, or is there anything you would do different and why?

The logs I looked at had one affliction lock, Gaijin. The only thing I can point out is the use of a staff over main hand/off hand combo, as I prefer the later over staffs and think its is better overall. I did see that he/she is using a demonology only glyph for affliction, I assume this is a mistake. Also I prefer Dark Bargain over soul link. Other than that there is nothing I saw that I would change.

Geijin

Re: Nasharia Warlock Application

Post by Geijin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 am

The glyph i'm using isn't a demonology only glyph. It just appears that way. It also grants 20% hp from any enemy that dies while you are using drain soul.

The staff concern is because the choice of main hand off hand weapons with the correct stats are abysmal.

Your answer about stat priorities is slightly off, Hit cap is optional for affliction warlocks, When we miss a dot its meerly a global we use to refresh the dot, adds a slight rng factor to our dps, but allows for much higher potential numbers, your burst rotation is also slightly off, on the pull you would pre-pot, darksoul/racial, haunt at 1 second, then soulburn soul swap all your dots, into malefic grasp, then when you have all your int procs you would redot.

soul link is a healer friendlier choice than dark bargain, during raids i have 569k hp, which means there aren't any mechanics that can simply one shot me, i can survive almost anything which gives healers time to heal everyone else other than me, and with shadow bulwark dark regen and unending resolve it makes me almost unkillable. side note, its always fun to see yourself with 1.2m hp when you hit shadow bulwark and a warrior has hit rally cry at the same time lol.

and when they asked about the out of the box thinking, you didn't mention the fact that i have 2400 haste over the threshold you mentioned prior.

Nasharia

Post by Nasharia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 pm

I checked in game and you are right about the glyph, I was just going off the armory page where it says demon form in place of soul drain. And about the staff, I prefer main hand off hand better, for the extra int I can get from the off hand enchant.

I do know that some locks don't hit cap, but I will always cap hit since I don't like the randomness it adds to the rotation. As to the burst rotation, I haven't read much about that and everything I have seen and done is to put all your dots then apply haunt.

I use Dark Bargain for the utility it provides over soul link, but what say about soul link is interesting. And for the last part, I overlooked it when I was filling the app out. I do know there are additional haste breakpoints after the one I mentioned, but I find after some research that mastery is a better stat overall.

Geijin

Post by Geijin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:26 pm

my staff actually provides more int than your upgraded weapon plus offhand plus enchant, and as for the research showing mastery as better, they are actually pretty equal, but using simcraft i found a nice median between the two, where i currently sit, i'm teetering on the edge of lower dps in either direction, anymore haste or any less haste equals less dps lol, and as for your opener, you will always show higher numbers by haunting first, because your getting that 1 second jump on things, and if you wanna nitpick, you can haste soulburn first, wait 14 seconds and when you regain your soul shard get the pull going and you'll have a free soulshard while still getting your rotation down, but that is so damn hard to pull off.

Nasharia

Post by Nasharia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 pm

That is good to know, will have to working on changing my opener. I have seen some streams where the lock was doing that soulburn trick, was thinking of trying it myself.

Artic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Artic » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 am

going to pass on your application.. good luck in your guild search.

Artic