New Applicants post here.
Alice

496 Shadow Priest

Post by Alice » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:42 am

Basic Information about you and your computer

1. Real First Name:
Alison

2. Age (17yrs min):

3. Where are you from (city, what time zone)?
New Bedford, MA - EST

4. When did you start playing WoW?
Towards the end of Classic WoW; approximately six years ago.

5. Do you have a system that can play WoW smoothly and does not hinder your playing capability for 25man content? (ie. decent fps, minimal lock-ups or other system-related issues), Please describe your computer hardware (video card, internet speed, etc) :
My computer runs very well, typically ±50 FPS in most 25 mans. Computer specs: Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30 GHz, 16 GB of RAM, 64-bit OS

6. Please provide an image of your ping test to Chicago, IL via http://www.pingtest.net, and post your result

7. Do you own an Blizzard authenticator?
Yes

Raid History/Experience

1. What is the furthest you have progressed in the following during that time period:
* Classic: MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxx - Did not raid consistently during this time.
* BC: Kara/SSC/MH/BT/Sunwell - Did not raid consistently during this time.
* WoTLK: Naxx/Ulduar/ToC/ICC - 15/15 / 14/14 / 3/5 H / 12/12 H
* Cata: 10/25M BoT/BWD/ToFW - 4/4 H / 2/6 H / 2/2 H
* MoP: Mv, HoF - 5/6 H / 3/6 H / 4/4

2. What previous guilds have you been in, and why did you leave them? Please include all relevant raiding guilds in your guild history
Oblivion US-Akama: Guild disbanded during ICC progression.
Peachy Keen US-The Underbog: This guild felt uninviting with its uncomfortable atmosphere and many cliques.
Hallowed US-Wildhammer: Guild disbanded during BoT / TFW / BD progression because of progression frustration as well as drama among some of the players.
Zug Zug US-Wildhammer: This was a placeholder guild for me after Hallowed disbanded. The guild had plenty of friendly people but lacked ambition to progress in game content.
Divide US-Greymane / US-Zul'jin: This guild has an excessively over-crowded raiding roster and the leadership in this guild play favorites all the time.
Disturbed US-Zul'jin: Guild has a very uncomfortable atmosphere to it, the GM / RL constantly screamed and cussed during raids.
Evocati US-Zul'jin: This guild had a very good bunch of players, however, a lot of players had to stop raiding for real life purposes which caused other players to leave the guild, in light of these events, this guild has disbanded.
Explicit US-Turalyon (current guild): I raided with this guild for about two weeks before the guild broke up.

Your social skills

1. Why are you choosing to apply to Weer specifically?
After speaking with Sappora, I've concluded that I may fit in well with your guild.

2. Do you have a Sponsor in WeeR? If not, How did you find us?
Does Sappora count as a Sponsor? If not, Sappora contacted me through the WoW recruitment forums.

3. What are your expectations from a raiding guild, and what do you think that a raiding guild should expect from you?
I expect a raiding guild to be organized, all leaders are on the same page, and a certain bar of expected performance to be held for raiders.
I believe that a raiding guild should expect me to be punctual, knowledgeable in my class, prepared for each and every raid (researched the fight, have maximum food buff, have flasks, have potions, have enchants, have gems, have reforges), and always present a good attitude. The guild should never have to worry about me giving the guild a bad reputation from running PUG events (such as heroic 5 mans, PvP, LFR, etc.).

4. Do you have a working mic, and are you able to speak on vent during raids as needed?
I have a working mic and can speak on Ventrilo or Mumble as needed.

5. Our raid times are Tue, Wed, and Thur, 8PM - 12AM EST (server time). What is your availability to attend these raid times? Keep in mind that we do not recruit "back ups", and as a result all of our raiders are expected to have very high attendance percentages.
I can make all raids unless a project/exam for school is imminent. For example, I will be unable to attend raids for exams on Wednesday March 6 as well as Wednesday March 14.

About your character

1. Name/Class/Main Spec
Konstantriss/Priest/Shadow

2. Armory Link. Be sure to log off in your raiding gear.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... s/advanced

3. Screen Shot of your UI (use imageshack.us).

4. Latest Meters, via worldoflogs.com
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4 ... etails/18/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i ... details/5/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i ... details/5/

5. How Long have you been playing your class/spec?
Since the end of Classic WoW.

6. What is your priority on stats weights. and please provide details?
Intellect > Spell Hit Cap > Haste (until 8085 threshold) > Critical Strike > Mastery

7. What is your max burst rotation?
Prepot > Berserking (on CD) > DP (3 orbs) > MB (on CD) > Halo > MSp (FDCL) > SW: P > VT > SF (on CD or held if Blood Lust will be used in under 3 minutes)
✎Notes: I will only cast DP with 3 orbs available, if I do not have the resources, I will continue the rest of the sequence until after I've accumulated 3 orbs. I typically use a second pot during lust or execute phase.

Player Information
1. How often do you play outside of raids?
I try to play as often as I can. Typically, I'm online anytime after 5 pm EST everyday unless my school duties are weighing me down.

2. Is your real life situation such that it may ever interfere with raiding in a hardcore end-game guild? (ie. gf/bf aggro, night classes, expected to play parcheesi with the family on Thursday nights, etc).
As I mentioned, I am in school and normally it won't conflict with my raiding schedule. There is no reason I should not be able to have at least ~90% attendance.

3. Tell us about yourself. occupation, hobbies, etc - as much or as little as you would like to share.
Currently, I am a third-year Civil Engineering student in my state's university. I also work as an Administrative Assistant for my school. When I'm not playing WoW or doing school work, I enjoy playing games like Pokemon SoulSilver, Alice Madness Returns, the Resident Evil series, the Fable series, and The Elder Scrolls series. I also enjoying watching Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead (I also read the comic), American Horror Story, The Big Bang Theory, Dr. Who, and BBC's Sherlock Holmes.

Analytical Skill - very important

WeeR supports out of the box thinkers. You are required to compare yourself to our existing member who is playing the same class and spec you are applying for. Can you point out any improvements in our main raiders specs/gear, if any, or is there anything you would do different and why?
According to your roster, you currently have no shadow priests. After reviewing the logs linked in the application template, I found one shadow priest, Aski. Personally, I prefer using Halo over Cascade or Divine Star but regardless I found very little use of these level 90 talents during encounters. I typically want to use Halo as much as I can, while still following my rotation; so if everything is on CD and the only other spells I could make use of were Halo and MF, I'd cast Halo and then continue to MF.

Geijin

Re: 496 Shadow Priest

Post by Geijin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:41 am

OMG you watch doctor who...../invite :)
On a more serious note I know jack about playing a shadow priest so I leave all questions to the people who do lol. Good day